Hello!

Hi everyone, I'm Jessica! I live in Brooklyn, NY, and am an avid knitter and reader. I like to dye my own yarn, and spin a little bit, and now sewing is working its way onto my crafting table as well--cause I really needed more hobbies, right?
I think I would call myself a fledgling sewer. I've made a few bags and an apron, and just recently finished my first skirt:
It was made with this great vintage fabric I found here in Brooklyn, and I used a New Look pattern (#6496, D). The zipper was... a struggle... but overall I was really pleased with how it turned out.
I think for the first sew-along, I'm going to try to tackle this:
A 1960's housedress pattern. It's more complex than anything I've made before, but I think I can make it happen. I'm thinking it would look cute in a really light, soft print, over a tank top and some old jeans.
Now time to shop for fabric!