polka-dot pea coat


Hello everyone! I'm Nava, a 24-year-old linguistics undergrad at UCSC, married for 7 months, and I have a room full of fabric and patterns (vintage and new) that I have to get through (for my own sanity). Most is from my grandmother, who was quite the seamstress and brought all of her stash with her from Puerto Rico to California, but about a 1/3 is the result of my own fabric-store weakness. I put off introducing myself until I finished my challenge (by the time I realised that wasn't neccesary I was already halfway through!) I used a pattern from (at least) 1970 that my grandmother used to make a coat for my Mom. I used a vintage green fabric and a new polka-dot cotton, and had to make a few alterations, but here it is! You can read a little more about it (and me) in my blog.