Spotty Dress


Thought I would post the picture of this here, it's Butterick 4443, a very easy pattern to make. I used bias binding at the neck and armholes instead of lining. Sorry the picture is so bad, DH never seems to make me look any good!

There are two things I would like to change should I make it again though and I wonder if anyone has suggestions how to go about it.

1. The neckline is a bit too wide, I'd like it about 2 inches narrower but can't figure out how to do that without altering the rest of the bodice.

2. I always seem to have a lot of gaping under the arms with garments, I solve it by taking in 2 inches and tapering the seam to 3 inches down the side seam. I can't find in any of my books what causes this to happen or how to change it, any ideas?

Thanks for any help! I am making another sundress and then I'll get onto my shirt!

Anna