Greetings!

Hi folks! My name is Rachel and I currently live in Houston, TX. I'm new to Sew Retro, but have been reading about your projects for the last month. Oooh oooh! I thought, I have an August project!
I fell in love with some lovely songbird upholstery fabric and whipped out good ol' Vintage Vogue pattern 2267. An adventure was finding complimentary fabric for the dress. Had to settle for two extremely sheer cottons on top of one another, but I was ultimately pleased with how everything came together. The top layer falls 4 inches short of the bottom layer. Trimmed with ribbon, this made the stripe at the bottom of the skirt.

I experienced the greatness of using fancy upholstery fabric when I splashed coffee down my front at the wedding to which I wore this thing. Wouldn't you know it? It beaded right up and wiped off with a napkin! These pictures were taken post-coffee incident, and there is no trace! There are bold and unapologetic wrinkles, however, as I have just returned to Houston and grabbed the dress from my suitcase for the sake of documentation.