Hello everyone, yet another new person! I'm Jen from North Carolina, right on the border of Virginia. I've been a sewer since age 9, roughly 40 years (but who's counting, right?).

I have 5 beautiful daughters aged 16, 16 (yes they're twins), 15, 13, and 12. The youngest is quite an original, and has a style all her own, very retro. The younger of the twins is the artist, complete with her own style, and the middle one wants to design fashion for a living. I am completely surrounded by creativity, and have absolutely no excuse not to have anything less than totally original fabulous-ness leaving my house at any given moment.

I sew for all of them and for myself, and have recently discovered that looking great and being comfy has a lot to do with the very old patterns I love. Here's to a full skirt "that can dance!"

I also make purses and love to do dresses for little tiny girls. Now that I've discovered a slew of sites that inspire me to sew what I love (and not necessarily what's in the current pattern books), I'll try and get some photos done.

Thanks for adding me! Glad to be here!