Newbie Greeting

Greetings Sew Retro group. My name is Christy and I am Mary's blog friend. (I love these moments in life -- I just got my e-mail from Anna inviting me to join the group and lo and behold, I get to post my greeting right after Mary.)

By way of introduction, I having been sewing and crafting off and on since I was about 10 years old. I am the child of a mother who made all of my clothes from birth to 13 years old, when I took over. I have recently dusted off my serger and sewing machine in response to my disgust with retail (nothing fits me right). In my former life (about 5 years ago), I lived in vintage clothing (and spent a fortune in vintage clothings stores and Ebay) from the 40's to the 70's. Once I grew out of them, the party was pretty much over. The only thing remaining is a bag, a couple of sweaters and the jewelry. But, being me, I replaced those clothes -- with vintage and retro patterns. I have a milk crate full of vintage patterns and just need some incentive to get to work. Thanks to Mary, the games have begun (well, kind of. I'm a scattered thinker. Instead of starting the dress, I made a friend a messenger bag out of a Eames era home dec fabric and cut another one out of giraffe print minky. Oh yeah, and the boxer shorts that I cut out for my husband out of skull fabric. But tonight, for sure, I'm tissue fitting this bad boy.) This site has been so inspiring to me that I had to seek membership.

I am so happy to be here. You can find me at http://beezekneesfashions.blogspot.com/ when I'm not posting at Sew Retro. Happy Sewing New Year!!