Finally finished something!

Did anyone else finish S3673 before February 1? Sadly, I did not, but not for lack of trying. The first dress just didn't work out, but the second try hit the jackpot:

Here’s my “action” shot, trying to recall the poses on the pattern envelope:



Sadly wrinkled after an afternoon, but you can see the fit is pretty good. I was so happy to have a bit of sunshine to take photos that I might have gotten a little silly. Sadly, my photographer was laughing too hard to get *every* shot! More on my blog...

Next up is Simplicity 4238, a vintage pattern I picked up on eBay:



The pattern came already cut out, fabric included. Happily, the pins didn’t rust and the fabric irons out pretty well. Whoever cut this one out had a *very* shaky hand, though - there's not a straight cut to be found. I've already straightened up the edges and am just about ready to start sewing. Finally some forward sewing progress!