April 1930's Sewing ~ Artistic and Practical

Hi! My name is April and I adore the 1930's...

... even more so do I love the 1930's feedsack prints. They are my absolute favorite! In a fabric store or quilt shop I always gravitate towards the reproduction prints of that era. Call it a rut or whatever you like, but it is my fabric haven to just absorb the beauty of all those lovely prints.


With that said, if I can find a vintage pattern to fuel that retro creativity, I am in sewing HEAVEN!


Okay, so vintage sewing is my passion... To help fund that passion, I have a website (www.april1930s.com) where I specialize in vintage Singer Featherweight 221 and 222K sewing machines and they're accessories. Afterall, if I'm going to create with vintage fabric, using a vintage pattern, it delights my vintage born-in-the-wrong-era-being to sew on a vintage machine!


Awhile ago I made (from the pattern above) a little blouse for my daughter, but I took it one step further when I used one of the most rare Singer Attachments to attach some middy braid ~ a Singer Style-O-Matic Attachment (click for more illustrations of what all this tiny metal contraption does!)



Anyway... thank you for letting me join your blog and to be a part of such retro-sewing-ness!