Sewing deadline

I am the type of person who needs a deadline to work against (which is why I just finished my taxes today.) When I have an event to get a project done for, no problem, I start early and work diligently until it is done. But in absence of any looming drop-dead date, my sewing projects just linger, and linger. So I am going to use this group to hold me accountable to finishing this project.

This piece of fabric is vintage Hawaiian print feedsack from my stash. I bought it at a flea market. The pattern isn't vintage, but it is typical of the type of garment that might have been made from chicken linen. (I wrote an entire chapter in my graduate thesis on feedsacks.)

I am moving in just 3 weeks, and I am NOT going to pack an UFO. My goal is to have finished product before the end of April... INCLUDING doing the buttonholes (which I despise doing.)
Can I do it?

Oh, and it will be sewn on my circa 1958 Elna Supermatic (green one with knee bar), a hand-me-down from my mother. If I get this done I am going to treat myself to a NEW MACHINE (gasp!), paid for with that tax refund. Any recommendations on machines?