Under the Heading *Vintage Style*

Hey Everyone!
Just thought I'd share one of my latest finished projects. Not quite retro, not quite vintage but it's got style. Vintage Style!



This is Butterick B1577. I used a crisp mid weight printed cotton with those fantastic retro styled flowers! The cotton print is actually navy blue rather than black as I originally thought. So the contrast fabric is a navy poplin. I cut and sewed this in one day. I had to make a couple modifications as I didn't have enough navy fabric or enough lining. I changed the neck tie to half the width it should have been. Which turned out great as there isn't all that bulk at the neck. The lining I had to piece together in 2 pieces for the front. I didn't have enough fabric to cut it on the fold. I love it! I am going to get a lot of use out of this pattern for summer dresses. Started and finished April 5th, 2008