My introduction


Greetings from Melbourne, Australia!

I'm Angela. I've just signed up. I started sewing about 6 months ago and am loving it. I've took a beginners course at CAE and then a few project classes at Thread Den.

I've worked up the confidence to do some pieces on my own now.

I've made a few dresses and have been on the hunt for vintage fabric.

Here's a 1950s style dress I made with Vogue Pattern V8184




Here's a dress I made using fabric cut out of an extra large shirt dress. I love the pattern and the colour. I used a modern pattern though Simplicity 3778



I'm going to be giving Butterick B4790 a shot next.



I am going to make it in black and white like on the packet. I'm a bit worried the whole thing will look grey and black after I wash it though.

I'm yet to give an actual vintage pattern a try, but it's on my things to do list :)

I have my own blog here: MOO I MADE IT