McCalls 4086 Summer Dress


This was my first attempt with this pattern. I'm not at all fond of the material... an awful polyester. It has no drape, no flow, no lightness. Extremely artificial. I really wanted the blue gingham look, though, so I'm willing to live with it until I can get some better stuff.

I simply adore this pattern. I've made it up several times, and I love how easily and quickly it goes together. The style is also charming. I have a passion for big collars, and this one is nice and big.

I also like the fact that the top is a bit more graceful than the plain old darted top. It's pleated in the front and back, so that it fits the waist in a flattering way, but still has a flowing and summer-y look.

I'm afraid the photos that I have to share were done a bit more artistically. I'll have to remember in the future to get the nice artistic shots, but get a few more technical ones that show off the details a bit better.