A Simplicity and McCalls

I won this Simplicity in an auction this summer where I had no idea what I was getting. You know the kind. The seller takes a picture of the patterns in a box and may or may not give you any more information. I was excited to get some really use 50s dresses that fit me and a few seventies patterns that I've been anxious to try out. I made the v-neck shirt, but it's a bit short because I had very little fabric left and just was wanting to use it up. I think I had a yard+ left over. The only modification other than length, was adding the bow to the neckline since the shirt no longer really needed the belt. I was worried about the fit, so I also added an inch to each side and now I know I didn't need to.

Photobucket

I love this fabric!!

Photobucket

I also made this 40s-esque pattern. It's not strictly vintage or a reproduction, but the dress feels very forties with it being a shirt-dress with an a-line skirt, buttons, and shoulder yoke. Now the buttons didn't happen because I didn't havee enough that matched, but I'm happy with it anyway.


Photobucket