Girl's Corduroy Jumper - McCall's Pattern 3831, vintage 1988

The jumper:

The pattern:
Things I did different than the pattern:
Instead of putting fashion fabric casings at neck, front edge and armholes, the top is underlined with a silky cotton.
All edges are top-stitched. Interfaced the front edge under the button/button hole areas.

Serged the hem edge; serged the skirt side seams and waist seam after sewing the seams.

Top stitched the waist; after pressing the waist seam up and catching the seam in the top stitching.

What I would do different next time:
The buttons were the size recommended on the pattern, but once finished seem a bit shallow to me. I will extend the overlap another 1/4 to 3/8 inch the next time.

More details and photos on my blog. It is a really sweet jumper and worked up nicely in this vintage corduroy.