Biochemistry Bandwagon

I'm calling this the Biochemistry Bandwagon Frock because it marks my belated entry into the world of strappy sunfrocks. I don't know why I've avoided them for so long. It's this modern Vogue pattern which is one of those ones that you have to persist with despite the cruddy photo on the front (how much does that dress look like an unremarkable apron??) because it's a little ripper. It was just too easy. Especially when you ditch all the lining/boning nonsense and just bung a bias strip as facing along the top edge.

Fabric comes from Darn Cheap Fabric sale where I went with a co-conspirator yesterday (hint: she was wearing a sunfrock with Francis of Assisisisisiissi on it at the time) that had a big fat relocation sale on. Moda quilting fabric. $3.75 a metre. Melbournites, dash there with haste - I also bought about 10 metres of other stuff off the $2 table.





Here's a close-up to explain the Biochemistry part of its name - the wee black arcs make me think of a DNA schematic showing what the strand looks like when it's unwound and chopped up by PCR. Plus, let's imagine the starbursts are little charges of energy released in glycolysis. Kapow! Hooray for enzymes! The murky green trim is some nifty linen I picked up in recent op-shopping adventures - there's enough there for a matching bolero or somesuch. We'll see.

Tomorrow Dressember begins! I think I'm ready...