Pink? Ruffles? Yes, please!

silk taffeta ruffle wrap dress

I saw this dress as part of the J.Crew wedding collection. Now, I'm not into wearing pink, especially not this obvious a shade and ruffles have never factored into my wardrobe, at least not since my mother stopped making my clothes. However, I loved it and actually thought it would make a much better wedding dress than the one it was pictured with. (This one is also nice in lavender!)

A few months later, I found and sent this Eliza J dress to EmilyStyle as a suggestion for her wedding reception dress.

Simplicity 7715

Well, later still, I found this gem of a pattern on Woof Nanny's Flickr stream of vintage patterns! At first I didn't notice the similarities. Not until I left a comment for the picture saying how it would make a great modern wedding dress. And that was when I had my AHA! moment... 'I had thought this before.'

Now, of course, it's really just the last two dresses that look alike but to me they are all a departure from what I would normally gravitate to. So I think it was all a needed progression so I could fall in love with this last one. Which, come on, wouldn't mean the same to me if it was a modern pattern. Of course, it had to be vintage, right?

I am now thinking that a version of Simplicity 7715 might be a great dress to have in the closet for weddings, christening, and other such events. Hmmm....maybe a subtle pinkish-lavender?