back into the world of sewing!

Now that I'm finally done with school, I've got a lot more free time on my hands. That box of vintage patterns in the attic has been calling out to me.

My first creation is McCalls 4480. Please ignore that parts of it aren't finished yet... I was just really excited about getting this far with it that I wanted to share my progress!
I made the sundress on the left, with a blue stripey cotton/poly blend I picked up from JoAnn's. It was very easy to make- no buttons, no zippers, nothing difficult to handle. The only problem I have run into so far is that one of the side pieces isn't lining up quite right, and so the under-arm area of the dress is higher on one side than the other... I must have goofed up somehow. Also, the fit! Is it supposed to look like a maternity dress? I guess it is a late 1970s pattern, and it's supposed to be fairly free-flowing, but I do wish the skirt was flared a bit more. Perhaps I can fix that somehow. Also I am really short (5'1") and this dress is a bit long on me!




Today I was browsing around Goodwill and picked up this delightful pattern! I'm excited, it looks easy to sew and might be a bit more flattering than the McCalls. Can't wait to try it out.