Alexis' Sewing Machine


A couple of months ago I found my daughter a sewing machine at an estate sale.  It's a 1975 Singer Fashion Mate Model 360.  It had 7 fashion discs with it and even the table.  I brought it home for her to teach her to sew.  Today is the day.  I've got her learning a straight stitch on it right now.  I never realized what a trying job teaching is.  I'm not known for my patience.  As a matter of fact, I'm know for my impatience.  Rather well I might add.  I'm glad she's in there working on her own trying to learn how to keep the raw edge of the fabric even with the seam line.  She is so stiff in front of the machine.   She has plenty of scraps in there to practice on.  I'm not above saying that I need some help.  Has anyone else taught a nervous 10 year old how to use a mechanical machine?  Any pointers are welcomed.  
Yes, that is a step stool under the machine.  She's too short to reach the peddle on the floor.  I can't help but laugh over this.  It's too cute to see her in there like that.  I'll have to post a picture of her at the machine later.