Let me introduce myself...

Hello!  My name is Bess, and I am excited to join the SewRetro blog community! :D  

I am 22 years old, and have been sewing practically all of my life.  I began making dolls and puppets, and then moved on to designing dresses for my dolls and eventually began sewing for myself.  My forte is garment construction, and, as I am an incredibly old soul, I tend to always reach for a vintage pattern when the urge to sew comes on.  (I have tried to use modern patterns, I really have, but let's face it, they are just not the same.)  

The incredibly unflattering (and sometimes ridiculous) fashion trends of today inspired me to begin sewing my own clothes.  I love the simple, graceful femininity found in the women's fashions of bygone eras, and I have a jolly old time making small alterations to vintage styles that bring them (only a little bit) into the 21st century. 

I look forward to contributing to this blog, and benefiting from the contributions of others!   Have a wonderful day!