Marian Martin 9359: Take II

All right--I posted earlier this month with the first version of this dress.

This is the second version. The shoulder yoke piece was altered to make the neckline fit better and the waist ties were moved up a little (I'm pear-shaped: Slightly high waists look a whole lot better on me). That seems to have totally fixed the fit. I did not put shoulder pads in it, although I think it holds a crisp 1940's shoulder line pretty well without them. I also altered the pockets to have straight, slanted tops instead of sweetheart tops.

The fabric is rust-colored Moda with cream and black simplified floral and large black rick-rack trim. The trim came out particularly well.

I still adore this dress, but I'm forcing myself to move on to others since I have a pretty good collection waiting to be sewn up.