Vintage Pattern Postmark Project

I haven't been sewing nearly enough lately. I hope to get Simplicity 1217 (1945) at least started this weekend. I need some summery dresses. I'm not that big a fan of buttonholes, though; I suspect I may only do buttonholes far enough down to allow me to get into and out of the dress, and then just sew inoperable buttons the rest of the way, for appearances.

I'll also be doing different pockets. Since it's princess-seamed, I'll probably do large pockets sewn into the gore seams, like on my beloved Marian Martin 9359. Those little diamond pockets are cute but don't look very useful.

I'm doing the flutter-sleeved version with the square neck. My plan is that it will be pink with burgundy and white trim and white buttons (since I have about 50 bazillion reclaimed white buttons to use up).

It's also avaliable as Decades of Style #4002 1944 housedress.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Meanwhile,

I want your postmarks and dated newspaper ads!

Since so many mail-order and smaller-production sewing patterns (Marian Martin, Anne Adams, Sew-Rite, Excella, American Weekly, etc.) were not dated, I'm collecting dated postmarks and newspaper or magazine ad images to help approximate the production dates for these orphan dresses. I'll be posting the dates on the Postmark Project blog as I get them.

If you have a pattern with a postmark or advertisement date and would like to help, please send the pattern company name, pattern number, postmark or ad date, and a brief description, to the best of your ability, of the item of clothing (or an image of it, if you're willing to share), to:

patternpmproject@yahoo.com (copy and paste into email)