Introduction

I happened upon this forum (in the form of a blog) a few days ago, and I think it's fabulous! Since college, I have loved vintage fashion, but I live in a small community where looking retro isn't so fashionable. I've been nick-named "the hat lady" because I often wear vintage hats with my clothing- of modern or vintage origin. I design clothes now, and to some degree or another they have the true vintage flavor that I just can't part with.

A few days ago, my mother in law gave me some dresses that belonged to her mother. I love them all, and really wanted to photograph the dress from the '20's for you, but my mannequin is too big for it! So, for your vintage pleasure, I thought you might get some inspiration from this dress from the 1940's. The print (which is practically modern again!) is very busy and makes it difficult to see the style lines, but notice how the sequins have been sewn to just a few spots. This could easy be duplicated on a fabric of your own choosing if you want a little sparkle on something.

http://www.gownsbylaura.com