New here!

First of all, thank you very much to Anna for allowing me to become a member of Sew Retro! I have been a lurker for a long time but finally got courage enough to join. My name is Jenny and I have been sewing for about 20 years; I come from a long line of seamstresses and am proud to carry on the tradition. I also work at a vintage clothing store here in Phoenix so I get to live the vintage dream, for the most part! We recently put on a huge vintage fashion show that was Mad Men themed, and I wore a vintage purple wool dress that turned me into Joan. ( The fact that I am a redhead didn't hurt, either!) My good friend wore a dress I made for the finale of the show-I was inspired by the polka dot dress that Betty wore in the episode where she had her meltdown. It was a vintage 1960 pattern and new fabric. It was the first time I had ever worked with organza and taffeta together, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It came together like a dream and I did tons of handwork on it. My friend's fella ended up buying it for her, so I am very happy that it found a good home. It's funny-I had planned to make this dress for myself a long time ago, but now that I have made it and my friend has it, I don't feel the need to exactly replicate it for myself. I plan to do a variation on it someday instead. So, this is my entry into the Mad Men competition! (That's not a real cigarette-we all had the bubblegum ones, just for fun. The fakes actually worked out really well!)

Here is my blog: http://redheadsadies.blogspot.com/ I'm sorry-I still haven't figured out how to make a link. I need to update the blog with the fashion show pictures SOON, too. I have a dress muslin I am working out for my boss lady that has to be done tomorrow, so the pictures will have to wait a little. Stay tuned! Jenny