Sketches from Junior high

When I was in my early teens, before Junior High started, I used to draw pictures of the outfits I would be wearing the first week of classes.  I have often turned to fashion and thinking about what to wear when something stressful is going on.  The first two pictures are from 1973.   I had spent the summer sewing up a new top, and skirt, and then I painted a picture of the outfits on models much taller, thinner, and more beautiful than me!  I made the skirt in the below picture. My mother had bought the vest and a matching red knit shirt for me in a boutique in Toronto, and I thought it was so cool. I  like the look of the knee socks! 


I made this top and don't remember what pattern it was, a Simplicity probably!  For some reason I cut this picture out, like a paper doll.  

The last picture is from 1974 when I became very taken with Hippie Chic.  I didn't have the skills to make an outfit like this and I couldn't have have carried this look off!  So this was an imaginary outfit.  I couldn't draw hands very well so I just left them out.  And I just painted white over any mistake.  This was my first try with textile design which I have been doing for the past 20 years.

I love looking at my vintage patterns and thinking about my imaginary wardrobe!