I'm a New Girl


Hello everyone; my name is Laurie and I've been a lurker on Sew Retro for quite some time now. I took a sewing class a few months ago and have been picking stuff up wherever I can and checking Sew Retro religiously ever since--so many talented sewists, I am both amazed and humbled! The work on here has inspired me to tackle several projects, including patterns from the 30's, 40's and 50's. Below is my first shirtwaist dress from a 1955 Advance pattern in a Yuwa cotton lawn. I really look forward to posting more on here and being part of such a talented and interesting community. I am currently working on a 1930's coat with a pattern from the Vintage Pattern Library--they reproduce original patterns, and do it beautifully on vellum. I have a brand new baby blog, The Republic of Dresses, if you'd like to stop by. Nice to meet you!