Christmas Pyjamas - Coordinating

Next up we have a matching set. I'm making two coordinating pyjama sets for the kids this year because after a once-in-a-lifetime barter last year for some fresh-off-the-bolt bona fide vintage Christmas fabric (in exchange for vintage ric rac, of course) I knew I had to make pyjamas to wear during the Christmas Season this year (and not just the ones for giving on Christmas Eve like our normal tradition.


Vintage Simplicity 3503 size 4 increased in width to size 5-6.

This is the same vintage nightgown pattern I used before, and the same young boys pajama set pattern I have used in years past as well.


This is the first time I've been able to try this style on her because, as you know, the Christmas Eve pyjamas with the gingerbread fabric are a surprise. I am LOVING this pattern and the way it fits - the tie in the back... it makes me swoon. It was a size 4 that I lengthened and widened to be a size 6.


This is actually a picture of SweetPea telling her brother, "don't you dare shoot me with that nerf gun!!!" but we'll pretend it is a lovely side angle of the nightgown.


The green buttons as well as the green cotton ric rac are vintage.

I made the green piping using my zipper foot attachment.


OH! I nearly forgot to mention that I fully-lined both garments with flannel. The flannel adds a nice weight to a lightweight woven and much-needed warmth for this time of year. SweetPea's was lined with white flannel and Cowboy's was lined with green flannel.