Late Party Dress Entry

Hey there, everyone. I didn't make the deadline, but I wanted you to see my party dress anyway. Oh, and congratulations to Kristy.



Here is my party dress below:






I made this using Simplicity 6024, a 1973 pattern. It turned out to be a real bear because I didn't pay real close attention to the measurements; so I'm having some fitting issues. It won't close in the back, and I added a section underneath the bust area so it would fit properly in that area. I self drafted the pattern pieces. I still need to figure out what to do to make it fit in the waist before I put the zipper in. And I still need to hem it. I am letting it hang for 24 hours before I put the hem in. Oh, and I added a few inches to the length. It won't look as long as it is now, though, once I hem it. It will probably be an inch or two below the knee. When I get this train wreck fixed, I will do a proper photo shoot for you.

In the meantime, you can go to my sewing blog to see some fun pictures of my photo shoot in the country modeling a skirt that I made. And while you're at it, enter my giveaway. I am doing a giveaway December 2nd through the morning of the 7th in conjunction with Sew Mama Sew. I am doing a giveaway on my art blog as well. And my daughter is having one, too, on her sewing blog. Really good prizes. Good luck.

Sneak peak of the country skirt: