Let Me Introduce Myself

Hello, everyone! I'm delighted to be a part of Sew Retro after a long time lurking. My name is Sarah Gilbert and my blog is Rhinestones and Telephones. I'm an avid thrifter, crafter, decorator, and seamstress.

I love to sew and have been sewing since I was 9 years old. My granma taught me on her hand crank Singer sewing machine. I started out making doll clothes and have branched out over the years to clothing, totes, bedding, and just about everything in between. I also have a great love of rhinestones and often add them to my creations. After all, shouldn't everyone feel sparkly? ;)

My favourite eras are the 1920s, 1940s, and 1950s. I'm a bit of a mishmash of June Cleaver, Betty Rizzo, and Velma Kelly! I love Rockabilly style, vintage prints, bold colours, and retro design. I'm looking forward to sharing what I make for my June, June, & Junie Project.

To find out more about me, my sewing, and my projects, please visit my blog.

Sarah :)