1930's Lounging

I just completed a lounging outfit from the 1930's:



One can never have enough lounging, right?

I made this up in a really nice navy blue stretch satin that was a dream to work with.  The bow ties are in a cerise satin.

Overall, the unprinted pattern was pretty easy to sew.  It called for a placket on the side but since the material is stretchy and is quite low in the back, I found that I could just slip it on.  YAY!  The slowest part was probably the blind hemming around the neckline and shoulders but even that went quickly once I stopped dragging my feet and actually started doing it :-)

Here I am lounging in my hotel room on a recent work trip:


The outfit is super comfortable.  The ties are removable so I can play with the color and the waist is tied with an obi style belt with a removable tie.

I love the back of the top:


And how wide the legs are:


I just love the color combo...plus it fits in with my spring/summer wardrobe planning:


Here's another view of the outfit:


Now I just need to make a bed jacket and some matching slippers.  I'm also thinking it would be fun to use this pattern to make a nautical inspired outfit from the 1930's.  It's a great basic pattern and I didn't have to make any changes to it, so I definitely plan on using it again! 

Come over to my blog and say hello!