APRON - Little Bo Peep Lost Her Sheep

Pattern is from my stashes of past vintage finds... a Simplicity 1358 Vintage Apron pattern sized Medium.


This fabric print is one of my all-time favorite Japanese imports. I purchased it about a year ago from a sweet gal on etsy and I've been saving it for the perfect project. SweetPea's teacher is currently focusing on Nursery Rhymes and Fairy Tales for the class curriculum so she asked if I would make her a couple of aprons to coordinate. Little Bo Peep fits in perfectly with that theme, don't you think? The turquoise polka dot was a vintage dress or skirt of some kind that had been painstakingly dissembled for repurposing later. That never happened until I found it amidst some vintage fabric finds - probably at an Estate Sale or something. All bias is from my own vintage personal stash, too. I get so much satisfaction of not only having just what I need on hand but when it is a perfect match, too - so fun!


I also enjoyed the process of narrowly hemming the ruffle pieces (prior to gathering) with this amazing 1/4" Narrow Rolled Hemmer Attachment. I'd not had the chance of using it yet and I was very pleased with how easy it was and how perfect the hems turned out - even for a bias curve!


Look at that! A perfectly narrow 1/4" hem! I hemmed the ties, too, because it was so easy.