Help! Sixties Space Stewardess Dress for Banquet

Just some things rolling around in my head as I try and wrap this sucker up.
I need your opinions!
I really like the makeup from this photo, but not the headband. I matching headband for my dress would just be too too much I think. So, I need to come up with another plan for my hair. Maybe this Breakfast at Tiffany's inspired updo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flt_FyFmvU0&feature=channel
Here is a photo of the dress at this point. I've got a black vintage beaded bag, black shiny gloves, black onyx earrings and black sequin super-tall slingback stillettoes. I need your opinion:
Should I leave it plain, therefore allowing me to use it for less fancy events?
Should I stick a sequin ruffly bit of trim behind the standing up yoke seam?
Should I try and do some sequins?
I could do a bow in my hair.
Gah.
If anything, I want to avoid the realm of cheesy. Any photos you can find would be marvelous.
More on my blog.