Simplicity 3688: the bold and bright blouse

My new blouse comes from Simplicity 3688, a repro pattern from 1941.  I've recently sewn the trousers from this pattern (also shown below). 

I decided to take a risk and make the blouse in hot pink!  To say that I was ambivalent about making the blouse is probably fairly accurate.  Not only was I not to keen on the blouse pattern to begin with, I wasn't sure if I could pull off such a bright blouse.  But I am happy to say that I really like it.  Though I think it would only work with the high-waisted trousers (probably why the blouse and trousers are in the same pattern!!)


Here they are together:








This is my spring and summer color combo.  I'm building my spring and summer wardrobe around two pairs of shoes.  But not just any shoes, these lovely shoes from my favorite store Ness:


Here is more of a close-up (oh and I played with doing rolls in my hair!)


It looks REALLY pink in this picture:    Come by my blog and say hi!