1960s McCalls 6673 - A Pretty Pouffy Skirted-Dress

A while ago I fell in love with Gertie's Lemon-Tea-Dress - a gorgeous frock that was simple in design with short sleeves, darts, and a pouffy skirt.

I trawled etsy looking for a similar pattern that wouldn't break the bank and came up with McCalls 6673:


It was very cheap ($3), had never been cut out and contained the pieces to make all three styles. I feel quite lucky to have scored such a bargain!

I made this dress up in cotton sateen as a 'test' garment before cutting into some beautiful Japanese cotton I bought before breaking my arm a few months ago. So - here is my version of McCalls 6673 View 'A':


I think the print makes it look more modern (not that I intended to make it look more modern) - what do you think?


My blog has a few more pics if you are interested!