FabUnits: the Vintage Fabric iPhone App

fabunits

+ + +

I'm an aspiring seamstress by night, but during the day I make iPhone apps. After sewing many vintage patterns, not too often I am presented with something like this:

convert

Vintage fabric bolt sizes come in many more widths than ours do today. I often found myself buying too much fabric. Based on the square area of fabric needed, I calculated how much fabric it would equate to using our modern day bolt size measurements.

I also added two extra screens that calculate total price based on price per yard, and convert meters to yard and yards to meter.

+ + +

What it does:

screen1
Convert fabric sizes.

screen3
Convert meters to yards and yards to meters.

screen2
Calculate total price based on price per yard.

+ + +

Where to get it:

FabUnits is available here, for free.