An introduction: [Patty the snug bug]

Hi all! I'm Patty and am jumping into the sew retro pool too! I'm a 30-something (sigh, for a few more years, anyway.) I live in Minneapolis, where it is cold, cold, cold and I like to sew. And knit. Listen to audiobooks, play with my dog and husband, Mr. Bug. And vacuum.

I'm super-drawn to styles of the 50's, some of the 40's, some of the 60's. The 20's, not at all! I also love polka dots, mary janes, bows, full circle skirts, fitted bodices and I have an all new love for pencil skirts. My inner-style is probably pure Lucille Ball crossed with Minnie Mouse, but my street style is South Minneapolis house wife and Liz Lemon. With a dash of Minnie Mouse. I aspire to more mouse, less lemon. I love the shape and style of the late 50's/early 60's and started looking for more, more, more after having a vintage-style wedding earlier this year. There were crinolines. I made the maid of honor's dress and then almost made her trade with me so I could wear it down the aisle instead of the ridiculous white one!

Here's a few pictures of retro-inspired projects that I've worked on and am extra fond of. Note on the apron... this was an adapted-from-a-dress-pattern apron with a full circle skirt and I happen to be having a GIVEAWAY (ends 10/27/10) on my blog for fabric and a pattern to make your own- feel free to stop by and enter for some wonderful apron fabric (polka dots!), rick rack and a pattern!

[fulllength[5].jpg]

   [after1[6].jpg]



You can find me at my blog, on Facebook or drop me a note!