Sew Retro: The Book!?

Yup! The book practically leapt off the shelf at my local Joann's this morning. I was enjoying my venti London Fog* from Starbucks and thought I was hallucinating. I thought to myself "What? The blog has been published in a book? When? Where? How?"


It is authored by Judi Ketteler and was published this year, but I've no idea whether or not she's a contributor to this blog or a reader of this blog or what. I have to admit that for a split second I was a liiiiittle bit peeved that someone took our beloved blog and turned it into a mass merchandising product. ;-) But only for a brief second, I promise. Because the idea behind the book was way more important than keeping our little corner of the interwebz to ourselves.


Anyhoo, the supertitle is "25 Vintage-Inspired Projects For The Modern Girl". By which I assume they mean young woman. Because it doesn't seem aimed at girls my daughter's age. The subtitle is "A Stylish History of The Sewing Revolution".

I've not had a chance to read through it thoroughly, but it seems pretty nifty. It covers sewing from the 1800s until today and has a TON of pictures and illustrations as well as projects inside. I'm thinking of hosting a sew-along on my blog The Vintage Family.

The book even has a website: http://www.sewretrothebook.com/ with bonus projects! and tutorials! and a blog! How cool is that?

You can get the book at Amazon or at Joann's. With my 40% off coupon, the book was $14.99+tax at the store.

*London Fog = Earl Grey tea latte + vanilla syrup. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM