Introduction and Vogue 1102


Hello out there,
My name is Catherine and I am a home seamstress from Berlin/Germany. I have a great passion of sewing dresses and since I started sewing some years ago I sew most of my wardrobe myself. Lately I got heavyly infected by the retro-virus and that`s why I decided to sign up to sew retro. I love the american 40ies style and also always wanted to sew some 50ies dresses. I wear my selfmade cloth on a daily basis so sometimes it appears to be a little more retro style than all original retro. Nevertheless I just got my first original pattern from the US (there are of course no german patterns available from that period and even if - who would like to wear german fashion from the 40ties? Not me.) and when my latest fabric order has arrived, it is on top of my sewing list.
I write my blog in german mainly but the post linking to sew retro will be both german and english. I`ll sure understand all comments in english if you want to leave one!
For an impression of what I like to make I share an older entry from my blog, a Vogue Dress (1102) which is not meant to be a retro pattern but turned out very retro-stylish I think. I am sorry it is not translatet but beeing a mother of two little ones, working AND of course not beeing a nativ english speaker I think I start the translation with my next entry here and leave you with the pictures for now.
Well, I am happy to be part of sew retro :-)
Here is my blog: cat-und-kascha