1950's Vintage-Style Capelets













A few Sundays before Christmas, a woman at my church walked in with a beautiful gray, red, white and black plaid wrap around her shoulders kinda like this one. She not only looked very stately and classy, but she was also the only one in the room who was warm! I started thinking about what a practical accessory a shawl is, and then I remembered that I had a pattern for a vintage capelet (Butterick B5032 Retro 1952) that would serve the same purpose, yet have a more tailored fit. My Mom (Mamma Gail) and my Mother-In-Love (Momma Roz) are the classiest and most stately women I know, so I thought it would be a nice gift to make for them.

The red capelet is reversible too! For more photos and the story behind how I made these vintage-style caplets, visit my Unfinished Sewing Project Party Blog!