Introductions and Butterick 4919

Hello, Sew Retro! I am so excited to be able to join this incredible site, I've been a follower for ages. My name is Kelsey, I am currently sixteen years old, and I love vintage clothing, especially from the 20s, 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s. I tend to sew more clothes influenced by the 1950s and Dior's New Look because it suits my body shape, but I love sixties-style shifts, too. I also have a sewing/knitting/crafting blog, Little Projects.
 As my first post on here, I'm putting up pictures of my black 'Marilyn' dress, only because it's the only vintagey project I have pictures of! They're a bit dark, so I apologize.


It's made from a cotton/poly blend sheet. It was quite difficuly, mostly because of the ties on the bodice. I had to take out and re-sew the lining three times before I got it right! It's turned out quite well, though, I think! 
 I made this quite a while ago, actually, but you can see more pictures and notes on my blog

Thanks!