Honored to be joining the Sew Retro crew!

Hello everyone! My name is Shannon, and I'm a new sewer and a new blogger. I began sewing around Christmas when I received my Brother sewing machine as a gift. It quickly became apparent that I have an affinity for vintage patterns and fabrics, especially from the 1950s and 60's. I try to reflect that passion in my blog: fiveminutesmoreplease
Here I am:


I try to sew every weekend, when my husband is around to help out with the kids. I am a mama to 3, ages 4, 6, and 8. What fun vintage fabrics and patterns are to be found for children! I haven't ventured into that realm yet, but I'm sure I will before long. In the 3 months I've been sewing, I've made 2 tops for myself, many jammies for my kids, and skirts for Valentine's Day for my daughters. Also, out of this vintage pattern:


I made this vintage-inspired dress!


My biggest inspiration for making the dress was this adorable pair of vintage shoes I found at a local thrift store:


I truly look forward to sharing what I create and to continue to be inspired by such a talented group of people!

More soon,
Shannon
fiveminutesmoreplease.blogspot.com