Allow Me to Introduce Myself.

Hello Sew Retro!

I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance! My name is Michelle. I'm a knitter from Chicago who's recently branched into the realm of sewing. The allure was too strong to resist! Sewing has always been, somewhat, part of the plan. I've been collecting vintage sewing patterns (mostly from the 50's and 60's) for several years; I'm a huge sucker for nostalgia and adore the style exuded by fashions of decades past.


Simplicity 8149
Simplicity 4617
Simplicity 3993


I'm still having a lot of "bang head against wall here" moments, but I'm SLOWLY starting to get the hang of things.  Every month I aim to achieve a three tiered goal:  1. Knit a Sweater, 2. Knit a pair of socks, and 3. SEW a garment.  My hope is that all my madness will result in the creation a complete, one-of-a-kind DIY wardrobe. I hope you'll pop over to my blog to visit and see my latest sewing endeavor

I very much enjoy reading about and seeing the amazing work everyone at the Sew Retro contributes, and I'm  excited to get more involved! 

Ta ta for now!