McCall's 3996, view C

First I would like to explain why this outfit and why this fabric? I went to an ASG (Australian Sewing Guild) meeting and ladies may take in scraps of fabric they don't want but are too big to throw and then someone else may take it and bring back what they have made for sow and tell. So the top half of this dress was some fabric I picked up. I just love the pattern and colour and knew right a way what I could do with it. The bottom half is a simple white linen I brought.


I am pleased to say the top fits very well but less pleased with the fitted skirt, it pulls tight across the front thighs and lower bottom. While this did not happen in the fitting I can only guess I moved something between there and the sewing machine. There is little I can do as I can not let the seams out anymore. And don't worry the black belt will be replaced by a brown one when I find one, it just works better they the thin brown belt I have now.



If your after an easy retro / vintage dress then may I suggest this one. More bits and buttons over at
Atomic Mum. Lovely sewing everyone.