Ready for the beach, 1940's style


When the weather turns hot and sunny like it did early here in the south of England this year the annual stress of 'what to wear on the beach' begins.  Last summer the weather wasn't great  and I made do with a frumpy old maillot the few times I actually went to the beach. I was not very happy in that suit and stayed wrapped up in a sarong most of the time.

But no more dreary swimwear for me since last week I made this little cotton 1940s 2-piece from an old skirt and a great pattern from the Vintage Pattern Lending Library.

More play-suit than full on swimsuit perhaps but perfectly suited to my current vintage style aspirations.
I definitely see a few more retro style swimsuits in my future and I won't be avoiding the beach because I have nothing to wear!

More on this @ my blog SewVeraVenus