50's pajama turned resort outfit

Hello hello! Today I finished my latest project and I'm quite happy with the end result. The pattern is actually for pajamas (Simplicity 4312). I used the shorts option but turned it into a cute resort outfit instead! I used a sturdier cotton fabric and added a zipper for the shorts. The pattern itself was really easy but my goodness - the shorts really did not fit me. I had to take them in so many times which wasn't ideal as I've never worked with any sort of pants before. The shorts still aren't that fitted but I like them all the same (I could have ironed them for the picture though!). The top on the other hand was really easy and fun to make and I think I'll do another one with some frills at the edges like in the picture on the pattern.

More pictures on my blog pretty odd wonders!