Lil' Vintage Homemaker Introduction

Well it looks like when Blogger went down last week it deleted my introduction and membership to this blog. So here is my second attempt :-)

Hello out there in Retro Sewing land. My name is Reagan and I am an avid sewer and lover of all things vintage. I was so happy to come across this site and have spent some time on here now being inspired by everyone's beautiful work. My grandmother was a seamstress and so she taught me at a very young age to sew and I haven't stopped. I even turned my love for sewing into a career. I have a BA in Costume Design for Theatre and was fortunate enough to get a full time job for the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach, CA where I create all the headpieces, hats, and anything crafty that our cast members wear for our summer performances. Not only do I adore to sew, but I am obsessed with most things vintage. Most of my wardrobe consists of items from the 1940s, 50s and 60s.

Here is something I recently created:

I used the bodice of this Vintage Vogue pattern...
Which worked out great and was a perfect fit. I just did a full circle skirt, rather then the pleated version that the pattern had, because I was using a piece of silk that I had shoved away in my fabric bin and didn't have enough yardage. Plus I also changed to straps to criss-cross in the back because I prefer that style. 
Also what vintage outfit would be complete without a hat? I took a purchased straw hat and covered the inside of the brim with some gathered fabric leftover from my dress. What you can't see is the ribbon I created to go around the hat with a little bird nesting in the bow.

I'm looking forward to sharing and learning on this site...and please check out my new blog:
lilvintagehomemaker.blogspot.com

I'm off to create!
Reagan