Sue Burnett 8191

I don't know why Blogger flipped the picture sideways, annoying thing. Anyway, as you can see this is a mail order unmarked pattern that was still 'in factory folds', have to love them when they come that way! I also love the hand addressed envelopes, not only did the mailing department have to find the right patterns from hand written orders but they had to hand address the envelopes.

I don't know what date this pattern is from but it was obviously from a time where notions were scarce as this is the finished shirt with the number of buttons called for. Far too gaping for my liking so I added a few more, luckily I inherited my Great Aunt's button collection (and recently my Grandmother's as well, I have enough buttons to last me until I'm a Grandmother!) and there were enough to add more, although the top button is a different shape (but exactly the same colour).

Sorry for the hanger shot, was the best I could do at the time!

And this is a close-up of the yoke and the collar, I adore the details on vintage patterns, modern ones just don't have the same style and flair! The fabric is a thin cotton.

You can check out what else I've been making at my blog. After hiding out for far too long my sewing mojo has returned home to a warm welcome!

Happy sewing!

Anna