she's a doll! dress

06.29.11 | she's a doll! dress
06.29.11 | she's a doll! dress


Hello, everyone! I have a new dress to share that I'm so excited about. Inspired by my love of vintage Barbies and late 50s styles, my newest dress! I used a vintage pattern with a fitted bodice and altered it to fit the design I envisioned: fitted with multiple darts and a high bateau neckline. The neckline and armhole edges are bound with bias binding (just the pre-packaged stuff). The skirt I drafted, added all-important pockets and made it nice and full and the same length as one of my favorite vintage dresses from the inspiration era. Lastly I added a zipper using my favorite hand-picked method. I think, if I had my way, I'd live in the dress the remainder of the summer! Be sure to read more on my blog. I'll also be posting a step-by-step tutorial next week on how to make your own version of this dress!