Retro Butterick '52 Dress

Well I finished my dress with the fun flamingo rayon fabric that I purchased a few weeks ago.
I used Retro Butterick 5032
 I piped the neckline and arms eyes with purchased piping.
I am absolutely in love with the way the front pleats are on the skirt of this dress...once I figured out how to do them. Its very flattering to wear since it gives a little extra room in the hip area and makes it move very nicely. I also purchased a covered belt buckle from A Fashionable Stitch and used Casey's Elegant Musings Belt Making Tutorial to put it together. Not too bad for my first attempt at making my own belt.
I did have to alter the length of the bodice, which I normally have to do since I'm a little longer in the torso then most patterns. I think I'll need to go back in and do some alterations to the center back because I'm getting some gapping at the top edge of the neckline.
The really exciting thing for me was my attempt at a handpicked zipper. I don't think I'll ever do one by machine again...it just looks so lovely.
I do have some more photos over at my blog and some pictures of the accessories I had to go along with it. So please check it out.
Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!