cute little plaid jacket

This is what I've begun to refer to as the Plaid Jacket of Awesomeness. I've still got to sew on the rest of the snaps (the buttons are dummies) but it's done enough that I wore it today!

Sorry for the TP roll there if it offends anyone, my bathroom has the best light...

I can't seem to figure out right now what pattern it is, but I can look it up if anyone wants to know... It's an unlined jacket fitted jacket with several different collar and sleeve variations. It doesn't look like it on the hanger, but it really is fitted and curvy with cuffed bell sleeves that come to the mid-forearm.

Here's a close up of the plaid pattern and the cute vintage buttons.


I used a flannel shirting and since the jacket is unlined, I underlined all the pieces using a deep purple twill and then covered the inside seams with bias tape.

Unfortunately, now that I've about got it all done, the weather is turning too cold to wear it!

I might work on making a purple skirt though to have a cute little suit.