Hello from Vancouver, Canada!

Hello, I'm Nadia Lewis from Nadia's Crafting Adventures and I'm the newest member to the Sew Retro group. I've been watching y'all sew for a while and I joined up because I want in on the fun!

I'm a 34/29/39 Pear-shaped person (can I get a shout out from the Pear section?), which throws me into three different size categories. Since I'm a Pear, I love 70s A-line skirts and 50s circle skirts for my large bum and thighs; dresses from the same eras since they have fitted bodices for my tiny A-cup bust; long straight pants from the 40s and 70s, flowing straight down off a high hip.



Here's me in my latest creation (more silly dancing shots over at my blog), although I have cut the hem, as we decided that it was a bit too long. Y'ever get that -- odd lengths to vintage skirts? One day I'm going to find the perfect length for a skirt. Well, I'll be back to show you the results of chopping off the bottom of this skirt once I purdy up the hem again!

Oh, and this one is a vintage Simplicity (7876) from 1977. Very simple to make, as it only had one piece for the skirt -- an almost full circle skirt -- and three little rectangles for the waistband. I love the wrap-around style as it grows and shrinks as you do.

Thanks for reading my intro and I hope to get to know y'all better!